I am grateful for being home schooled K-12th grade, because I was taught how to be a self-sufficient hard worker. From there I graduated cum laude with a BFA from the Academy of Art University.
After college I worked in the arts and hospitality industries:
- In the San Francisco Bay Area I ran a five star bed and breakfast.
- I managed a custom picture framing warehouse.
- Four times I've been commissioned by businesses for site-specific art installations.
- I illustrated inventions for U.S. patent applications.
- Awarded Employee of the Month while working at the Ahwahnee, a five diamond hotel, in Yosemite National Park.
One pivotal solo adventure, was a month-long motorcycle road trip. I loved being on the road meeting people, seeing wild condors, camping out, hostel hopping and staying at monasteries. I'm made to travel on foot with a backpack or on two wheels!
I love writing about lightweight, environmentally conscious travel, be it backpacking, motocamping, tiny house living...
Elizabeth Symington Travel Writer
Hire me to write environmentally minded, light weight travel content for your website. Contact me today!